Information Technology Manager
10/2004 – 1/2008
745 Fort Street Mall, Penthouse
Honolulu, HI 96813
- Desktop support for 70 users (50 Windows 2000/XP – 20 Mac OS X)
- Intranet content updates
- Intertel phone system administrator
- Maintenance on printers
- Authoring DVD’s of newscasts
- Administering backup procedures
- Administrator of all networking devices and connections between penthouse and 21st floor.
- Administrator for all internal servers (AD, DNS, Tomcat, Apache, IIS, MSSQL, MySQL, Blackberry) and all internal workstations on a mixed Mac/Windows network.
- Installed and configured Linux-based Zimbra Collaboration Server, migrated all 70 users and 7 years of data from Exchange Server 2000.
- Installed and configured Linux-based “Tivo” PC for recording client news coverage.
- Implemented web-based project management system.
- Wrote iPhone application to automatically parse podcast feeds for network download.
- Enabled multple bridged wireless devices using WPA2 for mixed Mac/PC laptops.
- Installed and configured Debian Linux webserver.
- Installed and configured Sonicwall Internet Security Device.
- Reduced the total number of servers by 1/2, relocated file/mail/web to onsite data room, saving company over $35,000/year.
- Setup and configured Drupal-based intranet. Authenticates via LDAP on Windows AD. Cron job parses RSS feeds for news coverage matching client criteria, alerts team members of new coverage.
- Developed custom content management systems for Hawaii Pacific Health hospital system and Island Air websites.